What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, referred to as CBD, is a phytocannabinoid discovered in 1940. One of 113 identified Cannabinoids found in the Hemp and Cannabis Plants.
CBD is an abbreviation for Cannabidiol a non-intoxicating compound of the Hemp and Cannabis plants, with enormous therapeutic and medical potential. The CBD Oil used in B Well CBD products, is extracted exclusively from Hemp Plants as hemp plants have a much lower content of THC. Our THC content of only 0.02% does not give any intoxicated or “high” effect. However, extractions from the Cannabis Plant have a much higher content of THC and will cause a “high” and intoxicated feeling and, unlike CBD, is also addictive. CBD is causing a substantial positive buzz within the scientific and health profession communities.
CBD is also being used to help treat chronic pain, Crohn's, Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, PTSD, Cardiovascular disease, Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Antibiotic-resistant infections, Multiple Sclerosis, Schizophrenia, Addiction and much more.
Research centres in the USA and all over the world are currently conducting numerous research studies into the possible positive effects of CBD. Scientists are now calling CBD the promiscuous compound, because of the numerous positive therapeutic benefits being discovered.
Pound, because of the numerous positive therapeutic benefits being discovered.
CBD Dosage: How much do you need?
The first thing new CBD users need to establish is the correct dosage for them. Some packaging makes this difficult, even misleading, focusing on the quantity of milligrams (mgs) of CBD, rather than the much more important % volume of CBD – This is vitally important when choosing your product and working out the correct dose for you.
It’s important to understand that % volume of CBD, is not the same as the % volume of say alcohol. With alcohol, the stronger the %, the more you become affected, with CBD, your body uses only what it needs – “Surplus” CBD in the blood stream does not have any impact on you. Some people with very severe health conditions see a wonderful impact from just 4% CBD products, others with very mild conditions might need 20% CBD products to reach their desired benefit. It’s personal – your age, weight, physical health, diet, metabolism – all have an impact on this.
Another important reason not to buy a CBD product unless it displays both the CBD% strength by Volume + the mgs of CBD is because the CBD% strength always stays the same regardless of the size of the bottle or container it comes in. However in contrast, the mgs of CBD has to increase as the volume of the bottle or container increases, in order to maintain the same CBD% strength. So if you were happy with say a 10ml 3%CBD bottle of oil, but would now like to step up to a larger 30ml bottle of 3%CBD Oil, because the volume of oil is 3 times larger than the 10ml bottle, make sure that the mgs of CBD are also 3 times larger at 900mgs of CBD in order to maintain the same 3%CBD Oil. If you find the 30ml bottle you want to buy has only the same 300mgs of CBD as was in your previous 10ml bottle, then you will know that 1/ your potential 30ml bottle only has 1% of CBD not 3% and 2/ you are being overcharged by a dishonest company, because a 1%CBD product is unlikely to do you any good at all.
We recommend anyone wanting to discover CBD, for health reasons, first should choose a product between CBD2% - CBD4%. Research indicates that any CBD dose lower than 2% will have very little benefit, if indeed any impact on your health at all.
With topical CBD Cosmetic Creams etc. anything below 1CBD1% - 1.5% seems to be largely ineffective.
With CBD Sports products for pain, muscle soreness or stiffness anything below 2%CBD is likely to be also ineffective and a waste of your money.
You can find out more about quantities and volumes in our article CBD %’s & MGs.
Our recommended approach to working out your dosage is:
- Start Low – Give the CBD products 2-3 weeks to make an impact and see how you feel. People take CBD for a multitude of health and wellness reasons, only you will know if it is supporting your needs.
- Scale Up – If you are not feeling much difference after 2-3 weeks, it may mean that you require a higher % volume dose – Try a 10% product next. Even if you are seeing benefits – You still may want to try a higher volume to see if things can improve further.
- Trial and Error – You will know when your body has found the right balance.
What is the optimal dosage of CBD?
To find the right balance of CBD you will need to do a little trial and error thus we always recommend you start low and slow. At B Well CBD we advise beginning with our 4% CBD Oil and gradually work your way up, if you indeed even need to. Once you find your right balance CBD% you can then stick to your routine, with this percentage of CBD Oil.
The right dosage depends on the person as we are all unique. An effective dosage can range from a few Milligrams of CBD Oil to more than a gram. As stated above always start small and work your way up, Use your CBD Oil as if you were on a course, do not use a large dosage in the beginning, start using the same 4%CBD (400mgs) ratio for about 2-3 weeks to help you determine if this dosage is giving you the effect you want or need, or whether you need to step up to the next %CBD level strength to get the help and the effect you are seeking.
If CBD IS SO GOOD, would not pure CBD be even better?
No, as mentioned before, CBD is not a one strength product that is suitable for all. You need to start with a lower CBD% dose and only if you believe you would benefit more from a stronger dose, should you slowly increase the CBD%, after a trial period of about 2-3 weeks.
Does CBD have any adverse side effects? What about drug interactions?
CBD Oil is extremely safe to use as a substance, but it could also interact with Medical Prescriptions so before you take CBD, if you are on a regular repeat medical prescription, it might be best to first discuss CBD with your GP.
B Well CBD Oil has less than 0.02% THC which should not show up on any drug test, as it is very minimal. Anything over 0.03% THC is illegal and should not be sold online or displayed in any retail outlet.
CBD Options: What type of application is right for you?
There are several products on the market that enable you to take CBD – Oils, tablets, gummies, vape juice, even food & drink. Whilst they all provide you with a CBD dose, there are some differences to be aware of when choosing the right option for you;
- Oral – CBD Oil and Softgels – The most common beneficial way to take CBD Oil is 3-4 drops under the tongue 3 times a day or perhaps more conveniently, 5-6 drops morning and night. CBD Oil should then be left under the tongue for 60/90 seconds so that it can rapidly be absorbed into the blood stream and start to do its good work. If you take CBD because you have regular migraines for example, an oral product will be the best option for you. Food or Gummies with an added CBD content is much slower and less reliable, because it is often difficult to know the exact CBD% dosage you are taking that is even in the product. Taken orally CBD Oil products can leave long-lasting positive effects for several hours, depending on the strength and the issue you would like it to treat.
- Topical – Creams, Lotions, and Oils – This method does put CBD into your bloodstream but much slower than drops under the tongue, it still does impact your Endocannabinoid System. The Topical application of CBD enables targeted relief. For example, if you regularly play sports you may use oils or lotions for pain and inflammation and muscle soreness or stiffness.
- Cosmetic Topical Applications of CBD 2% and above creams and lotions, will give you visual cosmetic improvements of your skin, after a reasonable time of application. Beware of Cosmetic products with only 100 to 200mgs of CBD in a 50ml container, as that only represents 0.2% to 0.4% CBD, whereas our 50ml 2%CBD Cosmetic creams contain 1,000mgs of CBD and our 50ml 4%CBD Anti-Ageing Cream contains 2,000mgs of CBD. Not only best quality and value for money, but you will be well pleased with the results you will get, after a reasonable time of morning and night applications.
Because the two applications impact the body differently, they are recommended to be taken concurrently with your daily oral dosage of your CBD Oil or Softgels for the joint benefit of your health and healthier looking skin. Remember CBD taken within will combine well with topically applied CBD creams for a better all-round joint result on your appearance.
We find the most versatile product to be CBD Oil:
- It can be used orally and topically
- You have full control over the CBD% dosage and application quantities
- You can mix it with food and drink if you so choose, but not our recommendation.
- It is the fastest acting application method when taken under the tongue, as it enters your blood stream almost immediately.
CBD Products: At a glance
Read our quick summary to help choose the right product type for you…
Oils / Tinctures / Drops
+ Compact and handy – Easy to use
+ They start working quickly – Fast acting
+ Full dosage control for beginners and more experienced users
+ Waste free – You get the maximum available dose of CBD straight to your bloodstream
- Not everyone likes using drops in public which makes it slightly less convenient
Softgels or Tablets
+ You don't taste anything
+ Easy to adjust and control your dosage
+ Easy to use anywhere – Very portable
- Slower acting, particularly when taken via food, drinks or gummies, the dosage is difficult or impossible to assess the correct CBD dosage you should be taking? For health purposes, taking CBD using food, drinks or gummies as the carrier for CBD consumption, is not recommended.
Gummies & Chocolate etc.
+ For fun yes, but not for serious health and wellness purposes.
- % of CBD is not reliable and often not even stated. For fun yes but watch the sugar content.
-CBD taken with Food etc. Slower acting when taken via food, drinks or gummies, the dosage is difficult or impossible to assess the correct CBD dosage you should be taking? For health purposes, taking CBD using food, drinks or gummies as the carrier for CBD consumption, is not recommended.
Creams & Lotions
+ Easy to use and best built into your daily skincare regime
+ Have additional benefits, for example our CBD4% Anti-Ageing Cream
- Absorption rates tend to be slower
- Remember any CBD cream with less than 2% CBD is going to bring you disappointment. Stay clear of CBD Topical products which do not have at least 2%CBD or 200mgs of CBD in every 10ml of volume. Example 10ml CBD2% needs at least 200mgs of CBD, 20ml/400mg, 30ml/600mgs, 50ml/1000mgs and 100ml/2000mgs of CBD and so on, to maintain the same strength of 2% of CBD in all these volume sizes.